Can you invest your way into the United States?

Can you invest your way into the United States?

On Behalf of Coughlon Law Firm, PLLC. | Sep 5, 2021 | Immigration

Can you invest your way into the United States?

On Behalf of  | Sep 5, 2021 | Immigration

There are various visas available if you wish to secure one to come live in the United States. The problem is that many of them require you to have family connections or specific talents or skills to come here. This can make it challenging to determine your options if you don’t fit into either one of those categories.

Money talks, though. If you are willing to invest money in a business in the U.S., that may be an avenue through which you can secure a visa. Setting up a company is not straightforward, but it can bring many advantages, including enhancing your ability to get a visa. The U.S. has one of the world’s largest populations, and if you have the right product, there will be plenty of people with the money to buy it.

An EB-5 investment visa may get you and your family to the U.S.

If you successfully apply for an EB-5 visa, you should receive a green card for yourself, your spouse and your kids as long as they are not married or over 21-years-old.

Some parts of the country require you to invest less than others. Each state can designate Targeted Employment Areas (TEAs). These are places crying out for investment. If you set your commercial enterprise up in a TEA, the minimum amount you must invest in getting an EB-5 visa is half what it might otherwise be.

Regardless of where you choose, you must create or maintain 10 full-time jobs permanently through your investment. The rules can change, so be sure to get up-to-date information before making your decision about where to invest.

If you think that investing could be the key to getting you and your family a green card, it is crucial to learn more about the visa application process.






531 E. Thomas Rd., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Connect With Us

    Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Site Map