Virtual Appointments: We are offering remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please call our office at 602-636-0800 to set up your appointment.
POR EL MOMENTO: La oficina de Robert Coughlon no está tomando casos de deportación, asilo, y casos de personas detenidas. Sí estamos tomando casos de ajuste de estatus y ciudadanía.
Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals
On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced a new policy designed to protect young immigrants from deportation. “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals,” otherwise known as “DACA.” Today, this policy has been the focus of intense scrutiny, which adds to the uncertainty immigrants feel about their place in the United States.
Our attorney at Coughlon Law Firm, PLLC., is qualified to advise you on your immigration options if you are concerned about your current and future legal status. We invite you to consult with us in Phoenix to discuss your situation and learn how we can help you find a path forward.
Qualifying For DACA
If a person is eligible, he or she may apply for DACA by making an application to Department of Homeland Security. It is a lawful status in the United States which is given for a period of two years and may be renewed. DACA recipients are also granted employment authorization in the United States.
Here are the requirements for DACA:
1. Be physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
2. Continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, to the present time;
3. Entered the United States without inspection or your immigration status was expired as of June 15, 2012;
4. Be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
5. Entered the United States before your 16th birthday;
6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, or have obtained a GED certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Get The Honest Advice You Need
If you would to apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, contact experienced immigration lawyer Robert E. Coughlon Jr. at 602-636-0800.
We provide good service and reasonable fees. Oftentimes, we can have deferred action applications filed within days of the first consultation.
Connect With Us
Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.